Refund request form
*Terms of service
General terms & conditions
- Rental period shall commence from when the User/Requestor (or a third party nominated by the User/Requestor) signs the Courier’s signature delivery receipt or received via ATL (Authority to Leave). This period continues until the Apparel is handed over for return to a Courier, or dropped back to an official The Dress Room drop-off location. For more information see Section 9.
- The Product is, and will, at all times remain the absolute property of The Dress Room, except in the circumstances as detailed in section 7.
- The Dress Room offers “Rip & Stain Protection” to the value of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250) to cover minor damage or staining. For minor damage and/or staining if The Dress Room assesses (at its sole discretion) that the cost of repair will be over two hundred and fifty dollars ($250), then the User/Requestor will be required to pay the difference (e.g. if the repair cost is three hundred dollars ($300), then The Dress Room will require the User/Requestor to pay fifty dollars ($50).
- Where Apparel has not been returned to The Dress Room by the Rental Return Due Date then The Dress Room shall be entitled to charge additional rental fees until the Apparel is returned to The Dress Room. The User/Requestor expressly authorises The Dress Room to deduct such additional rental fees from the User/Requestor’s payment method, which was provided at the time of the User/Requestor’s order. Such additional charges shall be charged at a rate of $25 for each day overdue.
- When counting overdue days The Dress Room shall not count either weekends or Public Holidays when Post Office or Courier Drop-off locations are likely closed.
- If the User/Requestor has not returned the rental item(s) within 15 days after the return date, The Dress Room will consider the rental item(s) as a “non-return” and will charge the User/Requestor’s credit card 150% of the recommended retail value, taking into account any late fees already paid.
- If the User/Requester pays The Dress Room an amount equal to 150% of the recommended retail price in late fees and the User/Requestor still has the item(s) in their possession, the item(s) is deemed property of the User/Requestor and return to The Dress Room is not necessary.
- If the Product gets stolen, lost, or damaged beyond repair, whether or not such theft, loss or damage is the result of negligence, failure, or omission of the User/Requestor then the User/Requestor will be liable to pay for replacement of the item.
- To ensure the safety of Products, The Dress Room automatically instructs all outbound courier deliveries to be “Signature Required”. If the User/Requester chooses to override these courier instructions (for example, initiating an “Authority to Leave” with the applicable courier company) then the rental period is deemed to have started as per when the tracking has indicated the Product as “delivered” and the Product is deemed to be in the care of the User/Requester and is subject to section 8.
- In determining the value of replacement, The Dress Room will take into account the condition of the dress, the demand of that dress in the current market, the availability to purchase that dress in the market, and any rental fees or late fees that the User/Requestor has already paid.
- Force Majeure: The Company will not be liable for any liability caused by the Company’s failure to supply Goods as a result of fire, flood, tempest, earthquake, riot, civil disturbance, theft, crime, strike,
lockout, war, interruption or failure of electricity or telecommunication service or any other matter beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
- The Dress Room reserves the right to request proof of identity for orders it deems high risk or high value (to prevent the potential use of fraudulent credit cards or other payment types). Orders containing three or more dresses may in particular be subject to this request. If The Dress Room cannot confirm the authenticity of the request, the order may be cancelled at The Dress Room’s discretion based on internal verification methods. The Dress Room agrees to notify the customer via email regarding a rejected rental request.
- If any outstanding amounts owed to The Dress Room are not paid when due, then The Dress Room will need to initiate third party collection procedures via a collection agency as nominated at The Dress Room’s discretion. You agree to pay The Dress Room’s costs of collection (including but not limited to internal administration fees, legal costs, collection agency costs, and bank fees).
- The User/Requester shall inspect the Product upon delivery and shall, within four (4) hours of receipt of the Product notify The Dress Room (by phone or email) of any alleged discrepancy in quantity, quality, Product style, damage or failure to provide the item as consistent with what was ordered.
- If the User/Requestor wishes to cancel an order, a cancellation request must be submitted as soon as possible. To view our Cancellation Policy, please see below section “Cancellation & Refund Policy”.
- By using the Services, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend The Dress Room and its officers, directors, agents and affiliates from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defence, including but not limited to, attorneys' fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third party that is based on your use of the Services in violation of these Terms.
- If the User/Requestor wishes to return or exchange the item based on the Fit Guarantee, a request must be submitted as soon as possible and in accordance with our Fit Guarantee policy. To view our Fit Guarantee Policy, please click see below section “Fit Guarantee”.
- If you order a Rental product, you may also order a "Backup Style" (for a reduced rate) from what is available from the range of backup options presented. The backup options are for the same time period that you order the first Product and must be returned together with the Primary Product with which it was ordered. These Terms apply to any Backup Products just as to any other Product. We may discontinue or limit the availability of Backup Products at any time. If both the Primary and Backups are worn, or the tag is removed, the Renter will be liable to pay for both items at the full rental price, less the initial backup fee.
Cancellation & refund policy
Our “Fit Guarantee” has you covered in the rare instance your online rental order doesn’t fit, or just doesn't look quite right!
If your rental arrives and you need to use the “Fit Guarantee”, simply follow these steps:
- Email us: email@example.com
- Keep the tags on the item and return to us right away (see details below)
- Wait to hear back from us regarding your Refund*
For a refund*, you must complete steps 1 and 2 above on or before the rental start date. Your rental must also be:
- Still in the same condition as when received, with all tags attached.
- Dropped to an NZ Post or TDR Rental Store within 24 hrs of when it was delivered or received.
* Less a $20 admin & shipping fee. We reserve the right to deduct any cleaning or repair fees from the refunded amount in the rare instance these are needed.
We understand that circumstances can change! That's why for any rental that we haven't started getting ready, we can offer up to a full refund depending on the start date of your rental.
There is a lot of preparation (such as cleaning) that must be done by the team before a rental is dispatched, and as well as that, someone who may have wanted the dress would not have been able to book it during the time before the rental was cancelled. This is why in some cases we need to charge a small admin fee when a rental is cancelled. Please see our cancellation timeframes below:
- At least 5 days before the rental start date: Full refund
- Less than 5 Days before the rental start date: Full refund less $20